News: Native Instruments Maschine Mk3 & Komplete Kontrol Mk2 announced
With Maschine Mk3 and Komplete Kontrol Mk2 S49 and S61 Keyboards, Native Instruments has announced the next generation of their well known hardware controller setup!
“The next generation of Maschine and Komplete Kontrol hardware sees a unified, all-new industrial design.
Both units have been re-engineered to inspire and enable nonstop creativity, boasting more intuitive workflows, optimized layouts, vivid visual feedback, and deeper studio integration.”
MASCHINE Mk3 delivers the best ever workflow for quickly sketching and capturing ideas. It adds two high-resolution color screens for easier sound browsing, editing, sample-slicing, and more. The new hardware also features more dedicated function buttons and larger, more responsive pads that retain the same ergonomic layout users know and love. For enhanced convenience and portability, MASCHINE now features a built-in 96kHz / 24-bit audio interface.
- Integrated hardware/software system includes sampler, arranger, mixer, FX, and more.
- 8 GB MASCHINE library with samples, one-shots, sliced loops, sampled instruments, presets, patterns, drum kits, and songs.
- Includes 25 GB KOMPLETE 11 SELECT library.
- 25 pro-quality studio and creative FX including filter, EQ, delay, reverb, and compressor.
- 2 high-resolution RGB color displays for precision sample slicing, sound tweaking, note editing, mixing, browsing, and more.
- 16 large, ultra-sensitive pads make two-handed drumming easy.
- Pro-grade, 96kHz / 24-bit audio interface with 2 x ¼” TRS line outputs, 2 x ¼” TRS line inputs, ¼” dynamic mic input, stereo headphone output, 1 x MIDI In, 1 x MIDI out, and 1 x Footswitch.
- Touch sensitive knobs for parameter tweaking.
- Smart Strip for strumming notes, pitch bending sounds, performing with FX, and more.
- Four-directional push encoder for browsing, navigating, and adjusting levels and balance.
- Powered via USB 2.0 or with the included power supply unit.
- Seamless integration with KOMPLETE .
- Classic groovebox features including 16 velocity levels, swing, pad link, note repeat, step sequencer, and vintage MPC 60/SP-1200 sampling emulation.
- Compatible with all major DAWs (including Ableton Live, Logic Pro, and FL Studio) as a VST or Audio Units plug-in, with full multi-core support.
KOMPLETE KONTROL Mk2 extends the original keyboard’s workflow with 17 additional function buttons and two high-resolution color screens for browsing, previewing sounds, and more. And now – thanks to enhanced DAW and MASCHINE integration – it’s possible to mix, navigate, and edit projects directly from the hardware. The professional-grade Fatar keybeds and unique Light Guide are joined by new pitch and mod wheels, plus a horizontal touch strip for additional expression.
- Smart keyboard controller for all your virtual instruments.
- Pro-grade Fatar keybeds with aftertouch – 49 or 61 semi-weighted keys.
- Ergonomic pitch and mod wheels, plus touch strip for expression control.
- Pre-mapped control of KOMPLETE instruments and hundreds of Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) instruments from leading manufacturers.
- Full VSTi support.
- Tag-based preset browsing: Find sounds quickly and hear instant previews.
- Two high-res color screens for browsing, tweaking, mixing, and more.
- Light Guide: RGB lights above each key highlight drum cells, key switches, chords, scales, and more.
- Smart Play: See scales and modes on the Light Guide, play chord progressions and arpeggios with single keys, or map any scale to white keys only.
- Deep integration with MASCHINE software / hardware.
- Intuitive control over Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, and GarageBand. Cubase and Nuendo integration coming soon after initial release.
- 4-directional push encoder for one-handed sound browsing and project navigation.
- Two assignable pedal inputs.
- MIDI in / out.
- USB 2.0 bus powered.
- Includes KOMPLETE 11 SELECT.
More info: native-instruments.com