News: Plankton Electronics Ants! – analog semi-modular synthesizer on Kickstarter
Planktron Electronics has announced their upcoming analog semi-modular synthesizer “Ants!” in portable desktop format, featured as Kickstarter project!
Ants! is patchable with standard 3.5mm patch cords. It is 100% compatible with the Eurorack voltage system and patching cords nad you can expand the synth with most of the Eurorack modules available on the market.
A powerful and deep electronic musical instrument. Explore, patch, tweak, enjoy and create your own music. Feel the power of an analog synth!
The Kickstarter project aims to raise 27,000 EUR by January 8th, 2017.
- 4 Oscillators: yes, 4! V/Oct triangle-core oscillators. 2 of them switchable to LFO. Combining sinusoidal, triangle, saw, square and pulse with PWM. Play chords, detuned basses, octaved leads, drums, and frequency modulated sounds.
- 2 LFOs: 2 low frequency oscillators with triangle, square and pulse outputs.
- VCF: switchable analog 12dB low-pass / 6db high-pass filter with resonance. At high input volumes it distort the signal. Self oscillating. It can sound crystal clear or really dirty.
- 2 A/R envelopes: 2 attack – release envelopes with manual and external controls. Working at different times.
- Mixer: 3 input mixer. Mix oscillators, envelopes, noise or any other AC or DC signal.
- 2 VCAs: control the level of the signals with 2 analog VCAs.
- Noise: a white noise source!
- Sample and Hold: create random voltages, stepped sequences or dither your sounds or even your own voice.
- AND gate: logic AND gate. Combine oscillators to create new waves, combine LFOs to create different patterns or mix your control signals to create complex modulations.
- MIDI to CV: connect any MIDI keyboard, sequencer or computer and transform the digital signal to analog voltages for controlling the synth.
- 49 patch points, 28 potentiometers, 5 switches and 8 leds.
- Normalized: Some connections are already made between some functions. Just connect your Midi or CV controller and play the synth without patching it. You can break any connection by plugging a patch cord to the normalized input.
More info: kickstarter.com